Chicago / Original Rainbow Cone
Original Rainbow Cone is an iconic shop in the Beverly district of Chicago's South Side. Opened in 1926 by Joseph Sapp, an orphan who worked on a dairy farm, the business is still in the family. As any true Chicagoan knows, the Original Rainbow Cone is a 5-layered work of culinary art featuring Chocolate, Strawberry, Palmer House, Pistachio, and Orange Sherbet.
- Drawn by designer and preservationist Ted Zahn
- 8” x 8” prints are printed on a professional HP Indigo 12000 digital press, on archival heavyweight 130 lb. cardstock.
- 11” x 14” prints are Giclee-quality, printed individually on a professional Canon inkjet, using archival pigment-based inks, on thick, museum-grade 330 GSM, 15.5 mil cardstock from Red River Paper.
- 5% of the profits are donated to the non-profit Preservation Chicago
- .5” white border around 8 x 8” prints, 1.25” around 11” x 14" prints
- Ships USPS First Class in a rigid Studio Zahn mailer. U.S. Only; no special shipping requests, sorry.
NOTE: Shipping times have been slower during the COVID pandemic. Many shipments arrive in 3-4 days, but some can take up to 2 weeks.