Margie's Candies / Chicago, IL
Margie's Candies is a 99-year-old Chicago institution opened in 1921 by Greek immigrant Peter George Poulos. (He changed the name to Margie's in 1933, in honor of his new daughter-in-law.) Over the years, this place has hosted everyone from Al Capone to The Beatles. Under current owner Peter Poulos Jr., Margie's still makes its own butterfat ice cream, hot fudge, and hand-dipped candy.
- Drawn by designer and preservationist Ted Zahn
- 8” x 8” prints are printed on a professional HP Indigo 12000 digital press, on archival heavyweight 130 lb. cardstock.
- 11” x 14” prints are Giclee-quality, printed individually on a professional Canon inkjet, using archival pigment-based inks, on thick, museum-grade 330 GSM, 15.5 mil cardstock from Red River Paper.
- 5% of the profits are donated to GoFundMe's Small Business Relief Fund
- .5” white border around 8 x 8” prints, 1.25” around 11” x 14" prints
- Ships USPS First Class in a rigid Studio Zahn mailer. U.S. Only; no special shipping requests, sorry.
NOTE: Shipping times have been slower during the COVID pandemic. Many shipments arrive in 3-4 days, but some can take up to 2 weeks.