Horn & Hardart Automat / Manhattan, NY
Art print of New York's original Automat at 1557 Broadway in Times Square, opened in 1912. Beloved for their convenience, affordability, and the novelty of the self-serve experience, the Automats were also one of the rare places that transcended class and race. They eventually numbered three dozen across the city at their peak. Many, like the Times Square location, were also Art Deco and Midcentury architectural marvels. Sadly, the last of the Automats closed in 1991...
- Drawn and printed by illustrator and preservationist Ted Zahn
- Limited edition run of 50, each signed and numbered
5% of profits are donated to restaurant and bar employee relief funds
- Prints are Giclee-quality, using pigment-based inks on heavy archival paper
- 16" x 16" prints shipped rolled in a protective 3" kraft mailing tube
- Please allow 7-10 business days for prints to arrive