Russ + Daughters / Manhattan, NY
Russ + Daughters is one of the few remaining authentic "appetizing stores" In New York City. These were born from the Jewish tradition of starting meals with cold appetizers like smoked salmon, herring, whitefish, salads, and cream cheeses. Joel Russ, a Polish immigrant, began the business by selling herring from a pushcart, eventually opening his first storefront in 1914 (this was first business in the United States to include "+ Daughters" in the name). More one hundred years later, it's still family-run.
- Drawn by designer and preservationist Ted Zahn
- 8” x 8” prints are printed on a professional HP Indigo 12000 digital press, on archival heavyweight 130 lb. cardstock.
- 11” x 14” prints are Giclee-quality, printed individually on a professional Canon inkjet, using archival pigment-based inks, on thick, museum-grade 330 GSM, 15.5 mil cardstock from Red River Paper.
- 5% of the profits are donated to GoFundMe's Small Business Relief Fund
- .5” white border around 8 x 8” prints, 1.25” around 11” x 14" prints
- Ships USPS First Class in a rigid Studio Zahn mailer. U.S. Only; no special shipping requests, sorry.
NOTE: Shipping times have been slower during the COVID pandemic. Many shipments arrive in 3-4 days, but some can take up to 2 weeks.